Friday, February 18, 2011

Sleek 'Rose Gold' vs TheBalm 'Hot Mama'



I recently purchased Sleek Makeup Blush in 'Rose Gold' after seeing the rave reviews from Pixiwoo saying how comparable it is to NARS 'Orgasm'. After hearing about how fantastic NARS 'Orgasm' is from so many youtubers and beauty bloggers I felt that I should give it a go with a cheaper dupe ($11.95 from Crush Cosmetics).

Now, I'm not a fan of shimmers in my blush, and I have made so many mistakes over the years by continually purchasing shimmery blushes in hope that one day I might actually love one. I must say, I do have a few favourite shimmery blushes, but most of them I find are too frosty and make my cheeks look overly shiny and enhances pores. So I don't know why I felt that this Sleek blush would be any different. I guess its the Pixiwoo phenomenon...I just want to use what they use because I just want to emulate (even just a tiny bit of) their gorgeousness.




Once I had the Sleek 'Rose Gold' in my hands, I realised that it looked very similar to a blush I had by TheBalm 'Hot Mama' which has been unloved for quite sometime.


Colour: In the pan they both look very similar, but when swatched heavily, Sleek 'Rose Gold' is a much more pigmented and deeper pink than TheBalm 'Hot Mama'. However, both can be blended out, and look virtually the same. 'Hot Mama' may have a smidgen more gold shimmers in it, and makes it come across more peachier than 'Rose Gold'. 

Texture: I found 'Hot Mama' to be slightly more buttery and smooth in texture than 'Rose Gold' when applied.

Verdict: Virtually on the cheeks, both these blushes look pretty much identical...But if I had to pick one, I would probably go for Sleek, as the colour pay off is better and the price is a better selling point. However, due to my scarce use of shimmery blushes, I'm sure this blush will soon disappear into my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment