Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Giorgio Armani Master Corrector & High Precision Retouch Review

This is going to be a review on two of the concealers from Giorgio Armani. The Master Corrector (MC) is in shade '2' and is an orange shade used to help correct the blue undertones of dark under eye circles, and the High Precision Retouch (HPR) is in the shade '3.5' which is basically just a yellow based concealer.

Both these concealers come in a sleek thin tube with a very precise, thin wand applicator. The texture of these concealers is very liquidy - yet pigmented at the same time. This makes it brilliant at concealing without the cakiness.


Although these products seem so thin and looks as though it contains very little product, the precise superfine wand allows the right amount of product to be applied without wastage. I have used both these products for 3 months now and there still seems to be the same amount of product as there was when I first started using it.

The orange colour of the MC seems very orange when first applied, but when blended out, it seamlessly blends in with my skin tone (MAC NC25). The MC I find is enough to correct my under eye circles, but I like to use the HPR to help brighten the area and make my eyes look more wide  awake. My shade in HPR is 3.5 which I believe is the second last darkest shade, and even on my light-medium skintone is a touch too light to conceal normal blemishes - hence why I like to use it to brighten areas. So if you have a skintone darker than NC40, you may not find a shade in the HPR that will suit you.




I purchased both these off StrawberryNet for $35, as I believe these retail in Australia for $55 (ridiculous I know). However, I do find these are worth the price since this product will last for a very long time. I have previously used the Bobbi Brown corrector in 'peach' and although that works very well at counteracting dark circles, I find the consistency a bit thick and can cake up under my eyes, and the product is wasted quite quickly. 

I highly recommend these concealers by Giorgio Armani!

No comments:

Post a Comment